Leela is a way of describing all reality, including the cosmos, as the outcome of creative play by the divine absolute (Brahman)
What is Leela Fest?
Leela Fest is a festival of traditional Indian rituals and music connected to the sacred and spiritual dimension of the wide range of religious traditions of India.
Date: January 2-8, 2018
Venue: Goa, Arambol Beach
Statement of Vision:
- To create a community festival that supports collaboration and exchange across cultures;
- To create a festival with inclusive and vibrant ambiance while presenting authentic Indian culture and spiritual traditions;
- To present a wide range of workshop leaders and facilitators, foremost genuine Indian musicians, artists, craftsmen and Vedic scholars.
Statement of Mission:
- To enrich the community and participants with a celebration of Indian spiritual cultures through art, performing art, philosophy, traditions, and rituals (eg. Indian traditional Bhakti, Kirtan, Bhajans, discourses);
- To celebrate and enhance unique Indian cultural and spiritual heritage by showcasing it;
- To educate participants about the historical achievements and artistic expressions of Indian spiritual culture and richness while developing an appreciation for the arts.
- Leela Fest is a non-profit project. All organizers and volunteers are offering their work as seva (selfless service).
- If the idea of Leela Fest resonates with you I will be happy to have you on the team.